Energy Conservation for a Greener Home
|Ten Energy & Conservation Tips for Your Home
1. Tape all duct work to improve air circulation and comfort level.
2. Turn off all lights and appliances when you're not using them.
3. Use proper ventilation to ensure good air quality in your home.
4. Weather strip and air seal your home.
5. Participate in your community's recycling programs.
6. Get rid of unnecessary gadgets and articles you no longer use.
7. Check your faucets for leaks, and get them fixed.
8. Turn down your thermostat. Turn it down for heat, and up for air-conditioning.
9. Have an energy audit.
10. Educate yourself and your family on safety, the environment and energy usage.